My Magical Blogorail Red Intro

Friday, February 18, 2011


Welcome to those of you joining me from My Dreams of Disney.  I am the last stop on our Magical Blogorail.
King Arthur Carrousel age 3 on Jingles.
I have always loved Disney. I have early memories of watching the Disney Channel before school. I remember waking up early to Mousercise and having dreams of being on the show. 
Age 3 Silhouette 
I have lived my whole life just a few miles away from Disneyland. 
When I was really little we didn't go that often, just once in a while. 
When I was in Junior High, my parents would drop my sister and I off for the whole day. When I think back to those days I think of staying until midnight and driving the Autopia cars over and over again. When you don't have a drivers license, that's the next best thing right? 
Early teens.
By High School my Mom got us annual passes. We would go quite a lot each month. I found one of my old passports from 1992, which means I have been a passholder for 19 years! 
My 1992 "picture passport".
My Mom would take my sister and I after school, and we would sit on the curbs of Main Street doing our homework while waiting for Aladdin's Royal Caravan and The Lion King Celebration Parade. We had a deal, if we finished our homework, then we would go on rides after. Of course we wanted to play, so we always did our homework.

During my senior year of High School, I went to Disneyland every single day from January 21 through March 2, 1995 to collect my 40th anniversary collector card. Everyday Disney handed out a different card to represent an event or attraction for each year. That is 41 days in a row. 

Fast forward to today. Now I'm in my thirties, married with a soon to be two year old son. Not much has changed in 19 years. I still go at least once a week, but now I am creating new memories with my son. One thing I like to do is collect as many character photos with my son as possible. I don't have too many pictures of myself as kid, so I hope to create a big picture book for him to look back at someday.

I started Magical Days with the Mouse (formerly known as Motherhood Magic) as a way to share the magic I love. I'm a visual person. I like pictures. I always bring my camera with me, and one day I thought others may have the same love that I do for Disneyland. I don't claim to know everything about the history of Disneyland, but I do know what I like to do at the park and that is to have fun. 

Magical Days with the Mouse is a place for me to share new shows or events happening at Disneyland, new food and treats, new merchandise that catches my eye, photos around the park, and the adventures my son's Mickey plush has around the park in a series called Adventures with the Mouse. 

A bonus I have gotten from starting this blog is all of the friendships I have been forming through this site and over at my Twitter account. 
You can also find me on Facebook, where I will post pictures LIVE from the park. 

I love getting comments, so if you like something I posted, please let me know. 


Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:

1st Stop ~ A World View
2nd Stop ~MousekeFoodie
3rd Stop ~ WDW Backstage

Thank you for joining us this month.  We will be back March 18th with an all new theme, though feel free to keep checking in with our blogs in between loops to keep up to date with our Disney info, photos and stories

6 comments:

Beth Doda ~ disneymom2jhe said...

Love, love, love the photo of you on the carousel - absolutely adorable! I didn't start going to WDW until I was 13, but it is so great to look back at earlier trips and compare them to our trips now (with my three little ones and two little nephews in tow!). Such amazing memories over so many decades. Like you, I love sharing Disney with my kids!

Unknown said...

What fun! Now that really IS growing up Disney!

Looking forward to more of your posts & more Blogorail Red!

~Jodi
www.magicalmouseschoolhouse.com, where Disney IS school! (Boarding the upcoming Blogorail Yellow!)

Amy said...

We're pretty close in age, because I have that same old annual pass, and remember everything that you shared in this post... having Disneyland as your "backyard" really is so much fun. :) Thanks for the walk down memory lane!

Bruce A. Brodsky said...

Unfortunately I haven't yet been to Disneyland, although Mary Ann and I still want to get out there again. I was actually in Anaheim for two weeks for training just south of LA, and drove by a few times. However, Mary Ann didn't travel with me and I didn't want to go without her. Very possible in the next couple of years though. Glad to join you on Magical Blogorail Red

Bruce WDW
A World View

Rosemary said...

i love this post... especially the b&w pic of you on jingles! what wonderful memories... thank you for sharing! :)

mad4mky said...

I like that you could sit on Main St and do your homework. That would have been my growing up dream. My first time at DL--1962. I still have memories of that first time, even though I was VERY young...
Love your pictures!