Little One's First Visit at Disneyland

Thursday, June 2, 2011



Welcome to all the blog hoppers today! 

I usually don't see the theme until it's too late, but today's theme was easy for me. We are talking about our Disney firsts, and I thought I'd share a little story about me while I was pregnant and my son's first trip to Disneyland. 

In 2009 Disneyland gave you a free ticket to the park  on your birthday, but if you were a passholder then you could get a gift card for $69 (The price of a one day ticket) or fast passes for the day. 
I was determined to get that gift card, but my due date with the Little One was just a week before my birthday. 
The due date came, but Little One wasn't ready to come out. I was getting worried I'd miss my birthday at Disneyland. I had a talk with the little guy and asked him to wait until  later in the day on my birthday to come. I told him I wanted that gift card, and that I'd spend it on him.
Long story short... I went to Disneyland on my birthday. I got my gift card and the cast member who gave it to me couldn't believe I was there before heading to the hospital. Yep.. I got the card, ate lunch at Carnation, then headed to the hospital.  Funny thing is I never had any contractions until I was done with Disneyland. 
Here I am right before leaving on my birthday hours before going to the hospital.
Little One actually came the next day, so we don't share a birthday. 
 3 weeks later Little One had his first visit to Disneyland. 
 Our first stop was of course a visit with Mickey in his Movie Barn.
 Not many people have seen this picture because I gained 60 lbs while pregnant. I'm still carrying the baby weight obviously after 3 weeks. I am proud to say I ended up losing 50 of those pounds not long after these photos. 
Mickey saying hello, but it wasn't the first time...
Mickey and Minnie said hello to Little One 4 months earlier at Club 33.  ;)

8 comments:

BhappyLove said...

awesome disney first story! :)

Michele P said...

This is such a sweet story. I remember you telling me about it. Thank you for sharing the photos too. I think they're precious, but I totally understand the self image. I hardly pot photos of myself as well. If a baby is born at Disneyland, do they still receive a lifetime pass to Disneyland? If they still honor that, maybe you should've stayed at Disneyland a while longer. LOL

Unknown said...

That is such an awesome story, I love your determination! :o)

Unknown said...

Great story!! I thought I was crazy going to WDW 16 weeks pregnant.. I love that you got to go back so quickly after!!

:DISTherapy said...

Sensational photo of Mickey, Minnie and your tummy! You are one brave girl touring while uber pregnant. (Although,as a touch of genius, your baby could have been born on-site!!)
Thanks for a terrific share :DM

jawknee said...

awww cute story. i plan to do the same with my future kids!!

P.T. said...

What a great story to tell your son! And the photo of Mickey and Minnie rubbing your belly is so special! I have to plan a trip during my next pregnancy! :-)

Deb @ Focused on the Magic said...

That's a super magical Disney story!! Love that you got to go before and right after:)The pic with Minnie & Mickey is precious too!

Deb~ Focused on the Magic