A Close-Up Of The Little Mermaid- Ariel's Undersea Adventure

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

As the June 3rd opening date for the Little Mermaid - Ariel's Undersea Adventure at Disney California Adventure approaches, Disney is quickly working on finishing touches. Just this weekend the scaffolding was removed from the front of the attraction to reveal a beautiful archway. 

I love the detailing of the scalloped seashells, the bubbles around all the mermaids, and all the light bulbs evenly spaced throughout. 
This is going to be spectacular when lit at night. I also think they did a beautiful job with the window. The wave of the glass and the metal work really gives the effect of a wave. I already feel like I'm approaching the sea.
It is nice to see King Triton in his new home. It looks as if he was made just for this attraction. His former home was the Ariel meet-and-greet area which is now Pixie Hollow. 

Watch this video from the Disney Parks Blog to see King Triton being installed. 
All of the detail is just wonderful! 
Disney is getting the details down even to the metal work on the awning. I just love the bubbles, and I'm sure it will be home to a new hidden Mickey too!
Currently at Blue Sky Cellar, they have a model of the ride to give you an idea of what to expect.
Orange, marigold, or green clam shells, that sit 2-3 people, will take you into your undersea voyage.

This video shows the clams being unwrapped and installed in the attraction from Disney Parks Blog.
I just love this small display of Ursula inside Blue Sky Cellar.
As if I wasn't already excited about the ride, last week the Disney Parks Blog posted their best video yet for the ride...  the revealing of Ursula! Not only do we get to see her being installed, but we also get a peek of her moving around at the Disney production facility in North Hollywood. 

Her fluid movements are so smooth, and without her undersea surroundings, she already looks like she is moving around in the water. Did you notice her eye and mouth movement too?! Wow!
If this is any indication on how the ride with be, we are in for a real treat!


Let me just say, that June 3rd opening date can't come soon enough.
What do you think? Are you excited too? 

Please join me on Facebook and Twitter. 

1 comment:

Becky said...

My daughter is SO excited for this ride that she is beside herself. Alas, we have to wait until Fall to come and see it. I really liked the display in Blue Sky Cellar when we were there last, and I do think that we are in for a real treat!