Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides Exclusive 3D Sneak Peek at Disneyland

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides exclusive 3D Sneak Peek is at Disneyland.
Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays March 25- May 30
 Nightly April 15th- May 1
After dusk till park closing.
Head over to Big Thunder Ranch to set sail with Jack Sparrow's crew.

Once the sun sets, Festival Arena is turned into a pirate ship. 
 There are pirates all around interacting with you.
Three up front and four in the middle of the arena. 

But before you set sail, here are a couple of things you should keep in mind: 

•You will have to sit on the ground with lots of people all around you. 
There are some benches along the outside, but they are for guest with disabilities. 
•The extended movie clip is a sword fight on a ship, so if you have small children with you, use your judgement on if you want them to see it.
•I didn't notice any strollers inside, so be prepared to hold your children if they are at that younger age. 
•To avoid long lines to get in, wait until later in the night to watch the preview. 

My little guy doesn't like to sit still for long periods, so I was thankful to not have him with me when I went last weekend. Not only would he probably squirm during it, but if I had to get up and leave it would have been very hard to do. I had people all around me with nowhere to move. 
So for me, this experience isn't very kid friendly for my family. Terrible two's with no way to escape = not fun. Last thing anyone wants is a meltdown in a sea of "pirates". 

Since I didn't have my son, I did have a great time. I really loved the pirates that interact with everyone and get you saying, "Yo Ho". Not only is it all fun, but they really set up the excitement of the 8 minute preview.  

Once the preview is over, you are greeted with Jack Sparrow along the exit. Need I say more? 
Yes, he is real. 
 I missed the talking parrot, but my friend Chad from Days in the Park was nice enough to share some photos with me and my readers. 
Photo courtesy of  Chad from Days in the Park
 As Chad was taking some photos, the parrot said, "Oh, I see the cameras taking my picture.  I need to show them ALL of my good side...  right... left.. middle...".
Photo courtesy of Chad from Days in the Park
I also didn't notice any merchandise carts, but Chad found two by the exit. 
Photo courtesy of Chad from Days in the Park
Overall the Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides 3D Sneak Peek is worth checking out, in fact I'm trying to figure out my next visit without the little one. 

Did you see it yet? What did you think? If not, do you plan on it? 

Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides hits theaters on May 20th. 

No comments: