Let's Go! With Jake and The Never Land Pirates... Disney Junior Live on Stage at Disney California Adventure

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Disney Junior Live on Stage officially opens this Friday March 25, 2011 at Disney California Adventure, but my little one and I got a preview while at the park today. Take a look...
A new marquee for Disney Junior Live on Stage.
 The show is exactly the same as when it was Playhouse Disney, but this time Jake and The Never Land Pirates take the place of My Friends Tigger and Pooh.
For those of you who never got a chance to see it before, the show is based around Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Mickey, Goofy, Donald, and Daisy all prepare a surprise birthday party for Minnie. Along the way Handy Manny, Little Einsteins, and Jake and the Never Land Pirates inspire each of the Clubhouse gang in the preparation for the party. With each short story from your favorite Disney Junior shows comes songs and audience interaction. 
Which brings me to Jake and The Never Land Pirates. If you are a fan of the show as we are, then you will love this section of the show. 
 We get introduced to everyone with the opening theme song of the show. It's hard to not bop along, okay I'll admit it, I sang along too. 
We then watch Jake, Izzy, Cubby, and Skully seek out Captain Hook and Mr. Smee to get back their stolen treasure chest. The audience is then asked to help chase the villains away by making crocodile chomps with their arms. 
Once the treasure chest is recovered, everyone is awarded with gold doubloons that fall from the sky. 

The new addition to the show fits in perfectly, and I think is actually more fun. I am a little biased though... I may not be Jake and The Never Land Pirates target audience, but I do love the show too. 

The whole show is just under 25 mins and everyone sits on the ground (there are a few benches along the walls for adults).
Don't forget, the show officially opens this Friday March 25, but if you are in the park before then,  check to see if they will be doing some more soft openings. 

Updated 3/24/2011 
My friend Michele from Power Shots Photography sent me this video she took, to share with my readers of the Jake and The Never Land Pirates segment. Thanks Michele!

3 comments:

Beth Doda ~ disneymom2jhe said...

I am SO excited about this update! My kids love Playhouse Disney Live and they have become huge fans of Jake and the Neverland PIrates. Emily sings the theme song, so I know this will be a big hit with my kids!

Becky said...

Even my DS8 loves Jake! Last Friday was the Yo Ho Weekend and all I heard was the theme song over and over again! He has so much fun with this! I'm sure that we will be seeing it next time we get to Disneyland.

Michele P said...

Great pics!