Favorite Disney Activity Outside of a Theme Park

Friday, May 27, 2011


Welcome to those of you joining me from Your Highway in the Sky, and those of you who have just hopped aboard.  I am the 4th stop on our Magical Blogorail.

This month we are talking about Disney activities outside of a theme park.
I would say I am a little spoiled in that I live just miles away from Disneyland. Whenever I get the urge to go, it's just a short drive down the freeway for me, so whenever I want some Disney fun in my day that's where I head. 
I was trying to think of a Disney activity I do that isn't related to the park, and then it hit me... baking. 
I love baking cupcakes. I have the biggest cupcake liner collection you may ever see. No seriously I have thousands  of them.  
Last June when Toy Story 3 came out I made Green Alien cupcakes. I thought today I would share that post again. 
You can read how to make your own here: Toy Story Green Alien Cupcakes

Another thing I thought I would share is this site 1+1+1=1. There I found learning tools to teach my Little One colors, shapes, and numbers using Disney characters. 

My son is a little Cars obsessed, so when I saw they had Cars tot tools, I made little flashcards with them using a laminator. 
The site shows how to make lap books with the tools using a folder, but I knew something like that my son would rip up. 


What I like about laminating them is how durable they are. I can throw them in my purse, and pull them out when we are at Disneyland. My son stays interested in them because they are his favorite characters. You can also punch a hole in each laminated card, and hold them all together with a metal ring.

If you are interested in making any of these flash cards or lap books for your Little One's, here is a list of the Disney characters to chose from:
Cars
Nemo
Handy Manny
Cinderella
and Tarzan

You can click here to see other non Disney related themes too like Thomas the Train. 
So even when we're not at Disneyland...Disney is still with us and apart of our lives.

Thank you for joining me today. I hope you find the cupcakes or tot cards useful for you in the future.
 Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is Adventures of a Disney Princess.
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Loop should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:

14 comments:

Beth Doda ~ disneymom2jhe said...

We are the same way! We have so many cupcake wrappers here, I probably could make cupcakes for my entire town and not run out! It is such a fun way to bring Disney into your day! Love the Cars Flash Cards. My son also (as you know) is Cars obsessed, so we use his cars for all types of things. I am definitely going to be checking out that site!

Melissa said...

I love to bake too! Those cupcakes are super fun. And I will definitely be checking out that site. My little guy is still really little, but it will come in handy in the future I'm sure! Thanks!

Hedy @ WDW Not Just for Kids said...

Wow, those are really cool!

Unknown said...

Those cupcakes are AWESOME! And thanks for the website with the flash cards.. my 18 month old is obsessed with Cars, so I'll have to make some of these for our upcoming trip! BTW - I LOVE the new look! Did you design it all yourself?

Amanda said...

I love to bake too! Your green alien cupcakes are so cute and look yummy! I also love the flash cards. That is a great idea to add some educational things to do when waiting in lines, for food or the start of a parde!
I am a new follower of yours!

Bitten by the Disney Bug
www.disneybug.blogspot.com

Christina said...

I love that you posted about a Disney activity even off Disney property. :) We bake a lot around here and I love to make it Disney related when it's not part of an order for someone else. We definitely try to keep the magic alive at home. Our Disney movie nights really help with that, too.

Magical Days with the Mouse said...

Thanks everyone! I'm glad everyone is liking the cupcake post I did last year.

Magical Days with the Mouse said...

Welcome to my site Amanda! I'll add your site to my google reader! :)

Unknown said...

Those cupcakes are awesome! I love baking, especially cupcakes. I am going to pass on the flashcard idea to my sister, she will love it!

Deb @ Focused on the Magic said...

I love your cupcakes! I try and keep my liners down to about a hundred:P It is so much fun to spread the magic through cupcakes:)
Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Love those cupcakes! My kids would have a blast with those. And those tots cards are great too. Mind if I feature those as a preschool-age takeaway at Magical Mouse Schoolhouse sometime?

Kristen said...

I love the cupcakes! Those are too cute. I really need to learn to like to bake as much as I love to cook. LOL! I have a great Kitchen Aid mixer and probably should put it to use making some creative cupcakes like those.

Bruce A. Brodsky said...

I'll take a dozen cupcakes. And those flash cards are a great idea; thanks.

Tricia from Return to Disney said...

Thanks for the link to preschool materials! My little one will start in the Fall, and I've been looking for Princess flashcards for her.