Mickey's Soundsational Parade is a HIT!

Friday, May 27, 2011


Yesterday I caught Mickey's Soundsational Parade at Disneyland.
Right before the parade started I felt a disturbance in the force, and then he walked by... Darth Vader was following two Storm Troopers sporting Mickey Ears. 
Turns out Vader just wanted to watch the new parade while holding his Mickey balloon. 
I have been eagerly waiting for the new parade to start. 
Although I wasn't a huge fan of the last one, Celebrate! A Street Party, I would watch it because my son enjoyed seeing all the characters so much. 
I am so happy to report that not only is Mickey's Soundsational Parade beautiful to look at, but it's also a lot of fun to watch! 
After watching the parade, I felt like I got a piece of my childhood back. Oh how I've missed the days of watching a real parade that showcased my favorite Disney characters. Now that we have a wonderful parade back at Disneyland, I do believe my son and I will be watching this many times over and over.
This time I won't cringe when I see the parade coming.
Let's take a look at Mickey's Soundsational Parade!
The beginning of the parade starts with Mickey and friends.







Next up Aladdin




The Little Mermaid


Ariel spins around as she waves to everyone. 


The Three Caballeros


The Princesses including Rapunzel





The Lion King


The Princess and the Frog





Peter Pan
Peter Pan mocks a not so happy Darth Vader.





And Mary Poppins






Looks wonderful doesn't it? Well it is! Make sure you take the time to watch this one because it's worth it! 

10 comments:

Manda said...

This. Is. AWESOME!! :D Darth with his balloon made me laugh so much! LOL!

jawknee said...

I never cared for Celebrate and I too cringed whenever I saw or heard it. Good to see Disneyland going back to classic parades that I have such fond memories of. Great pictures!

jawknee said...

I also never cared for Celebrate and would cringe whenever I heard or saw it. It's good to see Disney going back to more traditional parades, the kind I have fond memories of. There is so much detail in this one -- steam coming out of the ship that Tiana is on is a great example. Thanks for the pics!

805 Buckaroo said...

Thanks for all the awesome pictures.

Unknown said...

Wow, this parade looks so great! I have to get out to Disneyland to see this. :o)

Magical Days with the Mouse said...

Seeing Darth Vader with a Mickey Balloon made my day! They were filming him, and he was spotted in other locations throughout the day too. Can't wait to see what they do with him!

Diane M said...

Love those pics, what a great parade. The one of Darth is too funny

P.T. said...

Beautiful photos! I can't wait to see the parade this summer! I hope Darth Vader will be there again. That picture is great!

Unknown said...

Great stuff as always, Sarah! :)

Not a big fan of the old parade either, and really not a HUGE parade fan in general, but I love how colorful this one is and we can't wait to see it for ourselves! :)

Naomi said...

Looks like a much better parade! So colorful! I must remember not to show DD the pictures of the princess float with Rapunzel...