A Look Inside The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure

Friday, May 27, 2011

There have been many previews lately for The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure at Disney California Adventure. I was lucky to not only go on Thursday but Friday too. 
My first reaction to the ride was that I absolutely love it. I was beaming with excitement as I got off, but I will admit I didn't get the whole effect since I was looking through a camera lens the whole time. The second time I noticed little details I didn't notice the first time like the emotion in Ariel's face as she is about to kiss Eric. There is some passion behind those eyes!
The colors are bright, the water effect they use works, and the animatronics are amazing. Watch their faces closely. 
I was wondering how they would make you feel like you are under the sea, and couldn't imagine how it would work. At the very beginning you start to go backwards into the sea, and bubbles are projected all around you. Something so simple like that worked for me. 
If there were one complaint, I would say the ending is rushed. You see Ursula singing "Poor Unfortunate Souls", and then Ariel and Eric kiss and are married. 
This ride is beautiful though, and they paid plenty of attention to detail not only on the inside but the outside as well. 
How did my Little One do? He was quite serious and paid close attention the whole time, which means he loved it. We will be going on this ride many times in our future. 
If you don't want to see any images from the ride, then you need to stop reading now. 
Otherwise enjoy Ariel's Undersea Adventure.
Scuttle narrates the story. 
Part of Your World
Under the Sea








 Flotsam and Jetsam talk about Ariel.
 Poor Unfortunate Souls
 Kiss the Girl



 Scuttle ends the story.
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure opens on June 3, 2011.

3 comments:

805 Buckaroo said...

Lucky, I can't wait to see for myself.

Bhappylove said...

I cannot wait to get a chance to see it all in person! Awesome post. :)

Naomi said...

DD can't wait to ride it; alas, I'm not sure when we will get back out there. The detail shown in your pictures is simply amazing! (I bet pictures can't do it justice)