Disney Flashback Friday: Mickey's Halloween Treat 1995

Friday, September 9, 2011

It's Flashback Friday, and today I thought I'd share some photos from the first Mickey's Halloween Treat (now called Mickey's Halloween Party) from 1995. 
I've shared these photos before, but now I have many new readers who may have missed them. 
The above blowup was right in front of the entrance of Disneyland before you went in. It was huge in person. 

 The guide map. 
 $5.00 off coupons at McDonalds. 
 As you walked down Main Street a tent on the right near the corn dog wagon was set up. Inside we saw this giant pumpkin being carved. 
 Princess Aurora with Flora, Merryweather, and Fauna watching above on Sleeping Beauty Castle. 
 I dressed as Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. The movie was only two years old and not the cult classic it is today, so there were only two of us that night there dressed as her. I was stopped several times to take photos with people. The costume is handmade. 
 I LOVE Clopin! More on him in a future Disney Flashback. 
 They had special cut-outs just for the party all around Disneyland to take pictures with. 
And they had Chewbacca out too!
Can't wait to go this year, as I haven't missed any of the Halloween parties.

Want to join in? It's easy! The only rules are that it must be a Disney flashback. Your flashback can be from 20 years ago or 1 month ago. It's your flashback so have fun with it.




Please grab the flashback button (copy and paste the code above) to help spread the word, and leave a direct link below to your flashback post. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to say hello to some of the other Disney Flashbacks

10 comments:

Alyssa said...

These are so great!! Halloween is such a fun time at the parks, and while I've been there to see the decorations and Haunted Mansion and stuff, I've never been able to go for one of the parties, but it's definitely on my must-do list! Thank so much for sharing these great pics, your costume was awesome too! :)

Naomi said...

Wow! You did a great job on your costume! I love the picture with Chewbacca. I was reading that the Stormtroopers will be out at this year's party. Sure would like to see them.

Deb @ Focused on the Magic said...

Great pics! Your costume is awesome! You look beautiful too! I love MNSSHP!!!

Beth Doda ~ disneymom2jhe said...

Your costume looks great! Love the Chopin picture! I hope we get to see him this fall. Like Beth G. we are going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for the first time this year and I can't wait!

Magical Days with the Mouse said...

Beth-
I really like dressing up each year. I don't think there has ever been a year I didn't dress up for Halloween and /or the Mickey parties. SOOOO I dress up as something different each year. I have worn the Sally costume again though. I wore it 4 years ago to work on Halloween. Surprisingly it still fit. I haven't tried it on since having my son. I have several totes in our basement full of all my costumes.

Both Beths enjoy MSSSHP! Never been to the Florida version, but I know you'll have a blast.

Lady Hill said...

LOVE it! Thanks for sharing. Hubby and I LOVE the MNSSHP. This will be our 3rd time going. Be sure to stop by my blog in a few weeks to see photos of our costumes! We're keeping it a secret till the party.

Lady Hill
http://ladyinwonderland.blogspot.com

'neice said...

Yay!! I was there, too! I can't remember if it was that year or another, but my friend Anna & I still get nervous on HM because of the CMs they had inside & one section of the cave in POTC for the same reason. So fun!

Monica said...

It looks like so much fun! I've never been to any parties or special events at Disneyland. I feel like I'm missing out...I must plan another trip soon!
I LOVE your costume!

P.T. said...

Awesome job on your costume!! Just, wow!!! Love the color of your hair, btw!

Don said...

I believe your photos are of the 1996 party. I was just watching the videos I shot from both the 1995 and 1996 parties and Flora, Fauna & Meriweather appeared on the Castle during the 1996 party to reverse the spell that the Halloween witch had cast over it. (I have video of the "Castle enchantment" shows from both years.) Also, Hunchback came out in 1996, so it is unlikely Clopin would have been at the 1995 party.

Those two parties were great events that are among my favorite memories of Disneyland. The current parties are ok, but don't come close to what those early parties had to offer. So glad that I got to experience them!