A Sneak Peek inside Carousel of Projects in the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Pavilion at the D23 Expo

Friday, August 19, 2011

Last night I previewed the Carousel of Projects in the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Pavilion at the D23 Expo. I want to do a quick recap since I will be up again in only a few hours for the official first day of the D23 Expo. 
So here we go!
The Carousel of Projects is where you will find all the latest projects in development for all the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.

You are greeted right away with the Disney Cruise Line as you enter. 
My eye quickly went to Red. As a big Cars fan along with my whole family, you can believe that to say we are excited for Cars Land is an understatement. 
How cute is this tractor? Both the tractor and Red will be apart of Radiator Springs Racers. I fell in love with Red right away, and much like the Lightning McQueen that we saw at the first D23 Expo in 2009, Red also has moving eyes that give him emotion. Make sure you get a good look at him, as I was told we will be speeding by him quite fast on the ride. 
You can see his eyes move in the video above. 
They also have a Radiator Springs Racers vehicle on display. 

KaChow! 
When you see this Cars Land wall, don't ignore it. Right around the corner you will find a time lapsed video of the Cars Land construction. It's kinda fun to see the progress. 
Here is the video above.
With all the construction at the entrance of Disney California Adventure right now, the Carthay Theater is being built fast. Here is a model on display to get a better idea of what's to come to the park.

The Amazing Destini is also worth checking out. 
Insert a coin and the Great Destini appears from a curtain. He'll ask you a few questions and have you look into his crystal ball, then he will tell you your fortune. He told me I was in love, and then he gave me a sticker of myself with hearts in my eyes. He is a lot of fun. 

Of course there is more including the WDW Fantasyland expansion model, a Seven Dwarfs Mine Train  on display, and the latest news for the  Disney Cruise Line.
I will go in to more detail with more photos later this week. 






No comments: